How to I submit final grades for my class?
- Log into OWU Self-Service at campus.owu.edu and click on the Classes tab.
- Click the Grading link on the bar below the tabs.
- This will default to the Activities Grades screen, which we do not use. Select Overall Grades on the left to proceed to the grading screen.
- Select the course for which you wish to enter grades in the middle of the screen.
- This will display a list of students with two columns under Final: “My Grade” and “Actual Grade”. The “My Grade” column has drop-down buttons for each student row and is where the grade should be entered.
- Select grades from the drop-down lists for each student (you may use the keyboard to tab from field to field) and click the Submit Final button at the bottom of the list once you have finished entering all grades. There is no need to enter an R, V, or Q for approved courses. The student will automatically receive the appropriate credit if he or she passes the course. See separate instructions for awarding writing option credit. If you do not feel a student earned the auto-generated grade for a writing course, please email this change to the Registrar’s Office. A team member will change the grade from an S to a U. Please note, this U does not send the student to the Writing Center. To send a student to the Writing Center, please see the note listed below. Note: If you will be submitting a D or F grade or a U for the writing center, you must enter comments first by clicking on the button to the left of the student’s name and selecting Final Comments. (Students are no longer able to view comments.) Be sure to begin your comment with the letter grade you are commenting on, such as “D Didn’t take final exam” or “U Needs assistance with paragraph structure”. This allows the registrar’s office to query your comments for probation and dismissal purposes.
- You may also save grades in the My Grade column before submitting them by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the list. Be sure to submit grades once you have finished as saving does not import them into the database.
- You will then see the grade you have submitted has moved from the My Grade column to the Actual Grade column. You may then move to another course by starting over at step #2.
If you submit an incorrect grade or accidentally submit a grade that you should have commented on, you may make changes by clicking on the actual grade. A Change Grade window appears where you may change the grade and/or enter a comment. You will need to select a reason for making the change from the drop down to activate the process.