YouTube is a popular video hosting and sharing service that was purchased by Google in 2006.
YouTube lets users view and upload video files. In addition to hosting videos, the service allows users to rate videos, add comments, and subscribe to their favorite producers. Because it is now a Google Application, you can log in using a Google Account or OWU account. YouTube can be a great resource for students uploading and sharing videos for class projects, or just browsing videos for fun.
Linking BishopApps and YouTube accounts
If you already have a YouTube account that is not already linked to another google account, you can easily link it to your BishopApps account, which will then be used for signing-in to YouTube as well.
To link your YouTube account with a Google Account or your OWU Bishop Apps Account:
- Please visit http://www.youtube.com/finish_link_upgrade
- Next, follow the instructions below:Do you see a message that says ‘Please link your YouTube and Google accounts?‘If Yes, then confirm whether you want to link the two Accounts listed, or choose whether you want to link to different Google Account.If No, If you want to link your YouTube account with an EXISTING Google Account, then click Sign in here and sign in with the Google Account or Bishop Apps (OWU Email and Password) you want to link to.
If you do not have a YouTube account, to create a YouTube account using your BishopMail account:
- Select the ‘Sign In’ link at the top right of the YouTube page instead of the ‘Create Account’ link.
- Sign in to YouTube using your full @owu.edu email address as the username (and your BishopMail password.)
- When it asks if you already have a YouTube account, click the ‘Make me a new account’ button on the right, under “No, Sign me up for YouTube!”
- Once again, enter your full @owu.edu email address and choose a YouTube username. Check availability and fill out the rest of the form.
- Click the ‘I Accept’ button.
- Type in your BishopMail password once more. (Your @owu.edu email address should already be displayed.) Click the ‘Link Accounts’ button.
- You should now be logged into your YouTube account (and logged out of BishopMail.)
- From now on when you select YouTube from the list of apps on the “More” page, then click ‘Sign In’ it will immediately take you into your account.
- Google YouTube Help page
- Managing Multiple Accounts
- Google Terms of Service
Still need help?
- For assistance please contact the help desk.
- Questions or comments? See the discussion button at top right? It’s the one with two dialogue balloons with a number beside them. You may add comments and questions there. (You will need to be signed in to OWU Wikis to do so.)
- Would you like to be notified of changes to this page or subscribe to discussions about it? See the ellipsis on the bar at top right? Click that and select the “Notify” link on the menu that appears. (You need not sign in for all options.)