Prezi is a web-based presentation application that uses a single canvas, as opposed to the more traditional use of slides. Text, images, videos and more can be placed on the indefinite canvas. The canvas allows users to create non-linear presentations, where users can zoom in and out of a visual map. The finished presentation can be downloaded so that no internet connection is needed. There are three levels of licence: Free, Enjoy, and Pro. Typically Enjoy and Pro are free for the first 30 days, then a fee must be paid. With a .edu email, students and teachers can get the “Enjoy” level for free indefinetly.
Getting Started with Prezi
To register for Prezi using your OWU email,
- Go to the Student/Teacher Verification page and enter your OWU email address into the box and click “continue”
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Open your OWU email and click on the activation link* to continue with registration
- After filling out the information, click “Register and Continue” to complete the registration.
*Note: The activation link will be active for only 4 days.
With your OWU email addess, the “Enjoy” level allows you to:
- Create prezis from any computer online
- Download finished prezis and present offline
- Choose if a prezi is private or publish it on prezi.com/explore
- Removed prezi watermark that ‘Public’ users get
- Storage up to 500 MB of data
Check out the External Links for some excellent tutorials for making presentations using Prezi and using it in the classroom.