Safari is a web browser developed by Apple and included as part of the Mac OS X and iOS operating systems.
Downloading and Installing Safari
Safari for Windows can be downloaded from the Apple website: Download Safari 5.
How to Change the Homepage
- Click on Safari in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen. When the drop-down menu appears, choose Preferences.
- Select General from the Preferences menu, which is now overlaying your browser window. Once General is selected, you will notice a section labeled Home Page in the main window of the Preferences dialog.
- Directly to the right of the “Home Page” label is an edit field containing your current home page URL. To modify this address, simply erase the contents of the edit field and replace it with the desired web address, such as BishopMail.
- Directly below this edit field you will see a button labeled Set to Current Page. Clicking this button will change your home page setting to whatever page you are currently viewing within the Safari browser.
- Once you have completed your changes, close the Safari Preferences dialog by clicking the red circle/x located in the top left hand corner of the box.
Common Issues with Safari
- If you use BishopMail (web client) the “E-mail Class” link in OWU Self-Service will likely still open up Outlook or Eudora or your computer’s default email program. To get it to use BishopMail in the browser instead you might have to use Firefox or Chrome.
- Blackboard has had several known issues with the Safari browser. Check with the Help Desk for the latest information.
Still need help?
- For assistance please contact the help desk.
- Questions or comments? See the discussion button at top right? It’s the one with two dialogue balloons with a number beside them. You may add comments and questions there. (You will need to be signed in to OWU Wikis to do so.)
- Would you like to be notified of changes to this page or subscribe to discussions about it? See the ellipsis on the bar at top right? Click that and select the “Notify” link on the menu that appears. (You need not sign in for all options.)