The Base Navigation is the experience you have outside of a course. This was updated on January 2nd, 2018. The experience within a course (except for inline grading) was not changed.
- New Ultra Base Navigation for All Users
- As you open content, it slides out in a layer. You can easily see where you’ve been and navigate back to any spot.
- The system automatically saves as you create. Review, refine, and share your work when you’re ready.
- Courses are automatically organized by term.
- New Tools: Organizations, Content Collection, and Portfolios.
- Organizations are groups that behave like courses and allow group members to communicate and share documents.
- Content Collection allows you to store, share, and publish content in personal or course folders. Link to files, instead of creating copies of them in each course.
- Portfolios can be used to collect and organize content that represent the work done over time.
- Notifications of course activity are more robust in this new environment. See below for details.
- For Students
- Students will now see all courses they’re enrolled in, but will only have access to the courses that instructors have made available to them.
- Details about the course, such as its description, and contact info for the instructor, are readily available.
- More information for students.
- For Instructors
- Making courses available to students is much easier, just click the eye icon on the course card. When the course is over, you can choose to make the course Closed, where students will still have read only access, or Private, where students lose all access.
- Analytical statistics on student engagement are provided to you throughout the Activity Stream and Grades areas.
- Inline grading capability will be updated to leverage the New Box View, which offers several improvements over Crocodoc, including improved rendering fidelity and expanded support for new file types.
- More information for instructors.
Introduction to Blackboard Learn with the Ultra Experience (3 min.)
Blackboard Learn Ultra Demo – Teacher and Student View (20 min.)
Streamlined Grading in Blackboard Learn with Ultra Experience (2 min.)