Recording a video with Collaborate Ultra and embedding it into your course is easy:
- Get Ready: Go into your course, and select the Collaborate Ultra link in the course menu.
- Click on the Course Room; this will open a panel on the right with Session Settings.
- Allow recording downloads in the Session Settings, and click the Save button at the bottom.
- Click Session Options button across from the Course Room, and select Join Course Room from the menu that appears. The Course Room Collaborate session will open in another tab.
- Get Set: Click both the Share Audio and Share Video buttons at the bottom of the screen. Adjust as necessary.
- When ready, (it’s best to have your script written in advance,) open the Session panel via the icon at top left.
- Go: Click Start Recording.
- Click Stop Recording in the Session panel when you’re done, then Leave Session.
- Close that browser tab, and take a break. Recordings aren’t available for about 10-15 minutes after the session has ended…
- Go back to your course, and back to Collaborate Ultra.
- Click the Menu button at top left, and select Recordings
- When the recording is available, it will be listed there.
- Click the Recording Options button and select Download.
- Go to the content area in your course where you’d like to insert the video.
- Hover over Build Content, and select Video.
- Type a name for your video in the Name field, then click the Browse Content Collection button.
- Note: The Content Collection is where you should store and organize all of your course content. Content stored here is easily accessible from the Tools screen in the base navigation, and may be reused in other courses.
- Hover over the Upload menu and select Upload Files.
- Either click the Browse My Computer button to find your recording or click and drag it from your computer onto the Attach Files area.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of your screen.
- Now click to put a dot next to the video file you just uploaded, and again click the Submit button.
- Set the Dimensions to Custom at 640 x 480 px, under Video Options, and then click Submit again.
Your video will now appear in that content area for students to view.
Here are some links to Blackboard Help articles with more information:
- Collaborate Ultra
- Add Files, Images, Audio, and Video to a course