Changes to OWU Blackboard on Monday, August 14, 2017
- It now has Collaborate Ultra integration.
- Each course can have its own web conference or virtual office room, restricted to enrolled users in that course.
- These Collaborate sessions allow you to add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact online.
- It opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session.
- To learn how to enable this for your course(s), see our Blackboard for Instructors page.
- New features are added nearly every month. Keep up with their Release Notes for Collaborate Ultra page.
- It’s now on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform.
- Maintenance and security fixes happen automatically, as needed, with no downtime.
- Changes to the platform, such as new features and functionality enhancements, will be applied monthly, also with no downtime.
- New features are added nearly every month. Keep up with their Release Notes for Learn SaaS page.
- The new ‘Ultra’ base navigation will be applied in January.
Please contact us with any other questions about the upgrade.
- Blackboard Help
- Blackboard Services Status
- Box Status (for content upload and conversion)
- Behind the Blackboard: Collaborate (for best practices, documentation, known issues, and knowledge base)
- How to Troubleshoot Audio Issues in a Collaborate with the Ultra experience Session (Behind the Blackboard article)
- Low Bandwidth Management in Collaborate with the Ultra Experience FAQ (Behind the Blackboard article)
- Best Practices for Managing Bandwidth when Application Sharing (Behind the Blackboard article)
- HTML 5 Web Socket Test for Network Troubleshooting (Behind the Blackboard article)
- Blackboard Community News site