Changes are coming to OWU Blackboard on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- It will have a new ‘Ultra Experience’ base navigation.
- Aesthetic, mobile-friendly design, with more modern look and feel.
- Easier, more intuitive.
- No more tabs or modules:
- It gives instructors the option to convert their courses to the Ultra interface as well
- Streamlined essential workflows and capabilities.
- Easier to discover features, faster to complete actions.
- The original course experience will still be the default course interface.
- It will be on a SaaS platform
- Maintenance and security fixes happen automatically, as needed, with no downtime.
- Changes to the platform, such as new features and functionality enhancements, will be applied monthly, also with no downtime.
- It will have Collaborate integration
- Each course will have its own web conference or virtual office room, restricted to enrolled users in that course.
- These Collaborate sessions allow you to add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact and online.
- It opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session.
How will instructors opt-in to the Ultra course experience?
When the instructor first opens an Original course, they will be presented with an option to preview the course as an Ultra course or they can use the Preview Icon in the upper right corner of the screen to the left of the Edit Button.
Learn will make an archive of the course before converting it. After the course is converted, the instructor will have an opportunity to view a log of any items that did not convert. They must then make a decision to keep the Ultra course format or revert back to the Original Course Format. If they choose to keep the Ultra Course version, they cannot switch back to Original Course View.
Please contact us with any other questions about the upgrade.