BishopNet Wireless Access
Connecting to the Campus Wireless Network with Windows 7
- To configure your computer’s wireless network settings, first make sure your wireless is turned on. Next, click the wireless network icon in the taskbar (usually a five bar icon in the lower-right corner of the desktop).
- Click on BishopNet in the list of available networks. Make sure that Connect automatically is checked, then click the Connect button. (Note: If BishopNet does not appear make sure you are within range of the campus wireless network inside an OWU building.)
- An authentication box will appear. Enter your OWU username and password then click OK. Note: you may get a Windows Security Alert stating that “The connection attempt could not be completed”. Don’t worry about this. Click the Connect button.
- Once the authentication is successful you should have a limited connection to BishopNet.
- Now open a browser and go to http://wifi.owu.edu/ to finish your registration. You will be asked for your OWU username and password one more time. Click Submit and you should be online with BishopNet in about 5 minutes.