Gaming consoles, streaming and smart home devices can be registered on the OWU residential (wired) network or the BishopGuest wireless network by registering the device at the following link:
We recommend using a wired connection if you have access to it. The following do have wired access in dorm rooms:
- Alpha Sigma Phi
- Chi Phi
- Citizens of the World
- Delta Tau Delta
- Phi Delta Theta
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
Plus, the House of Black Culture and other small living units (SLUs) have at least one wired network port in each common area.
How To Find the physical (MAC) Address on
- Go to the Apple TV’s main menu and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings Menu, select “About.” This could be under the “General” tab, depending on the version.
- The MAC Address will be listed as either “Wireless ID” or “Ethernet ID” depending on the connection.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Connect to the wireless network transmitted by your Echo device.
- The wireless MAC address for your Echo can be found at the bottom of the Echo Setup screen in the Alexa app.
- Press “Menu” from the Home screen.
- Select “Settings.” The MAC Address should be located in the “Device Info” section.
Friendship Lamps (as seen on TV and Buzzfeed…) have their MAC address on a label on the bottom of the lamp. When connecting to BishopGuest using the Filimin Connect app, it will only ask for a password. The MAC address should be used, once it’s been registered.
- Select System Settings on the Home screen.
- Scroll down through menu and select Internet.
- The MAC address will be listed under System MAC Address.
- Power up the PlayStation without any disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation has started, navigate to “Settings.”
- Select “Network Settings” or “System”
- Select “Settings and Connection Status List” or “System Information”
- The physical address will be listed under “MAC Address” and you’ll likely have two: one for wired (LAN) and one for wireless.
- The MAC Address is located on the bottom or back of the Roku player or TV, depending on the model.
- Go to the Dashboard>Console>Network.
- Scroll down to Advanced settings.
- On the right-hand side there will be the Wired Mac address. This 12-digit sequence is the address you need to send to the Help Desk.
If you don’t see your device listed here, send us the make and model, and we’ll help you find the MAC address.
If you’ve registered your device, and it still prompts you for a username and password, use your device’s MAC address–with the colons–as both. You should only need to do this once.
Note: Gaming systems, being consumer products, typically do not support 802.1x enterprise security, therefore you cannot register them on the BishopNet wireless network. They can, however, be registered on the BishopGuest network. Registering all internet devices can be done here: register.owu.edu or wifi.owu.edu