Ohio Wesleyan’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) is available for staff and faculty who need access to the University’s network while working off-campus.
These instructions are for all versions of Mac and Windows.
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (VPN)
- In a browser, go to https://secure.owu.edu. (If you have already installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, proceed to step 6.)
**Important: if you are trying to download the software while ON CAMPUS, you’ll need to use this link.**
Note: there is a known issue with Firefox warning that the certificate encryption level is too low. This warning does not appear in other browsers, and you’ll still be able to download the client. You may also now see this warning in Chrome. Try another browser.
- In the “GROUP” field choose “owuvpn”
- Enter your campus username and password (email address minus the @owu.edu)
- The site will detect your OS and system configuration and provide a link to download the correct Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for your Operating System.
- Click the link listed, “AnyConnect VPN” in this example and install the VPN client application on your computer.
- Launch the newly installed Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client application
- Ensure you are connecting to “secure.owu.edu”
- Ensure the Group is set to “owuvpn”
- Enter your campus username and password (minus the @owu.edu)
- Click ok to connect.
- Click “Disconnect” when finished with the secure session
There is a Cisco AnyConnect app available for iOS.