Connecting to BishopNet on an Android phone or tablet
- Open Settings.
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Tap BishopNet.
- Enter the following settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA and/or User certificate: DO NOT VALIDATE
- Domain: owu.edu
- Identity: OWU Username
- Anonymous identity: (Leave Blank)
- Password: OWU Email Password
- In the Privacy section, instead of Randomize MAC Address, select Use Device MAC Address
- Tap Connect. A certificate screen will appear. Tap Accept. You should be connected to BishopNet, but you will still need to register your device.
- Open a browser and go to https://wifi.owu.edu/ to finish your registration. You will be asked for your OWU username and password one more time. Once you complete and Submit this, you should be online with BishopNet within 5 minutes. After that it will connect automatically whenever you are within range of one of our access points.
Note: The latest Android and iOS updates are using randomly assigned MAC addresses for WiFi connections. On Android, it says, “Random MAC address” and, on iPhones, it says, “Private Address”. This will have to be disabled or turned OFF for it to fully connect to BishopNet.