The following classrooms and computer labs in Phillips have an Extron control unit embedded in the desk, cart, or conference table, allowing instructors or presenters to turn on/off the projector or HDTV, select the input, and control the volume. Near these controls, displayed below, there are input cables for connecting mobile devices.
- 009, 108, 111, 113 Traditional/Lecture Classrooms
- 016, 209 Computer Lab
- 110 Conference/Seminar Room
- 208 Conference/Seminar/Observation Room (this room has additional equipment)
- 210 Traditional/Lecture/Education Classroom (this room has additional equipment)
»The Help Desk has the ability to remotely troubleshoot problems with these controls. Please call the number on the left if you need any assistance.
More information and instructions are below.
Turn on the display and choose the appropriate input on the right.
- Note: If the TV is not displaying your device image on the screen first try pressing another input button and then return to the one you wish to use.
Here are how the input labels match up to the video cables:
- Mac: This cable may be white or black and is called either Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt
- Laptop: This is a DisplayPort connection
- VGA: This is the older, analog video connection
If your laptop or mobile device has a different video output, you will have to bring your own adapter to use it in this room. Here is a guide to help in this situation:
- HDMI: This is the most common video output on current devices, and is compatible with DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort.
- DVI: This is less common, and is compatible with DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort. (Note: there are several pin configurations for DVI.)
If you need an Adapter for your computer go to our page on display adapters to find out which you need.
To choose different display options on Windows, press the Windows key + P.
On Mac, open System Preference from the Dock or Apple menu and select Displays, then click the Arrangement tab. The mirroring option is below the diagram.
- Mirror: This displays the same image on both screens
- Extended: The external display becomes an extension of your desktop
For these devices, OWU Information Services might have a display adapter available to borrow. Please call the Help Desk at 740-368-3120 to inquire.
- Phillips 208 Interactive Whiteboard
- Phillips 210 Equipment
- Merrick 204 Equipment
- Sharp Aquos Classroom TVs