The Education classroom in Phillips 210 has several pieces of equipment, all connected to a large InFocus JTouch touchscreen monitor. This equipment includes:
- A MacBook Pro laptop computer
- A DVD/VHS player
- A document camera
- There is also a spare HDMI cable for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) hook-up
The Macbook is connected via a white adapter to a black VGA cable which then goes to the monitor. All other devices are connected to a converter, on the inside wall of the desk, to the monitor screen via HDMI.
PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG ANY CABLES FROM THE CONVERTER.
To switch between the MacBook (VGA) and all other equipment (HDMI) on the monitor screen, use the left-most button on the monitor, along the bottom right of its frame. You might have to do this when you first start the MacBook.
- The document camera appears as SVideo.
- The spare HDMI cable appears as HDMI.
- The DVD/VHSplayer appears as Video.
If you would like to bring your own device, there is a spare HDMI cable that can be used, plugged into the back of the converter.
ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG ANY CABLES FROM THE CONVERTER.