Self-Service at Ohio Wesleyan University lets students give selected relatives online access to key information. Students can grant permissions to view the following: Academic Plan, Address, Balance, Financial Aid, Grade Report, Schedule, and Stop List. This lets the student’s relative login with a username and password to access shared student information 24/7.
Parents with multiple students enrolled at OWU can see information about every student who has invited them to share access from the same Shared Access account.
Please note: Shared billing and payment access is now handled via Nelnet, our CampusCommerce site. (See the next FAQ section, below, for that.) Self-Service shared access is used for granting a relative access to your financial aid, grades, and other academic information.
In Self-Service, the relative must already be listed in the system as having a relationship with the student. In many cases, this has already been done. If the person you wish to invite does not appear in the drop down box described below, or the person’s email address is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Log in to OWU Self Service.
- Hover over your first name at top right, and select “Profile” from the menu. (If the menu disappears as you move your pointer down, open the Navigation Menu, to the right of your name, where you’ll also find a link to your Profile.)
4. Select the “Shared Access” tab all the way right. (You might have to use the right arrow to find it.)
5. Click on the plus sign in the upper right.
6. Select a Relative from the drop-down list.
7. If there is no email address shown, you’ll have to enter one for them. Either way, the invitation will be sent to the email address you submit. An incorrect email address may allow unintended access to your account. You are responsible for granting this access, so be sure that the email address is correct.
8. Place a checkmark next to the information you wish to share. You may share your academic plan, schedule, grades, stop list, financial aid, and/or address.
9. Read and place a checkmark next to the Disclosure Statement.
10. Click the “Send ” button. This will send an email invitation to the relative. You will now see the invitation on the Shared Access main page, where you can now cancel the pending invite.
And you will receive an email confirmation of the invite, as well.
- Access CampusCommerce/Nelnet via the Current Balance or Make a Payment options in the Finances menu in Self-Service.
- On the Home screen, at the bottom of the list under your name on the right, click the Add an Authorized Party link, under “Want to allow a friend or family member to pay toward your balance?
- Enter their name at the top of the page.
- Check the box next to “Include the details that make up my balance” if you’d like to share more than just your current balance.
- Enter a secret question and answer that both of you will know.
- Enter their email address.
- Click the Save button, then click the Save and Send button.
- Nelnet will send an invitation message to them that they will have to click a link in to create their account.
- Log into Self-Service, click your name, and choose Profile.
- From there, go to the Shared Access tab. There’s a tile on that screen for every relative with whom you’ve shared access.
- Tap the trash can icon. That will take you to the next screen.
- Confirm by clicking the Delete button.
- Your parent or relative will get an email notifying them that you have stopped sharing access.
Just click “my profile”, “manage payers”, then deactivate whoever you’d like.
Click here to change your password. You must know your current password in order to log in.
If you don’t know your current password, or it’s not working, contact us.
You will find academic and financial aid information on your child in Self-Service, while current balance and payment information is in Nelnet, (see below.)
- You will receive an email invitation with a link, as in the screenshot below.
Clicking the link takes you to the next screen.
- Enter a password and click the Create Account button.
- You’ll see a confirmation screen. Now you can login if you wish:
- Note your name in the upper right and the Shared Access menu at upper left:
- Click the Shared Access menu and select Students.
- You can view student information by clicking your child’s name (and pronouns, if entered).
Note: If you already have an active Self-Service account–that is, you’re an OWU employee–you will be able to login with your own OWU credentials immediately after clicking the confirmation email. You will not need to enter any additional information.
Note: If you have multiple children enrolled at OWU, you will see information about every student who has invited you to share access from the same Shared Access account.
For relatives who have been designated as an additional payer:
Log directly into campuscommerce.com (Nelnet) to access balance and payment information. There you should find current balance, transaction history, payment schedule, and be able to make payments.
Note: Parentheses around any number means a credit or refund. The account activity and balance due are realtime and current.
Parents with multiple students enrolled at OWU can see information about every student who has invited them to share access from the same Self-Service and/or Nelnet account.
(Students will find instructions above for granting and removing access.)