Cable TV Service on Campus
Cable TV service is activated in every dorm room when you arrive on campus. You may obtain a cable for hookup from the outlet to your television or VCR. These cables are available from any department store or Radio Shack. If you would like the University to provide the cable from the outlet to your TV, please contact the Help Desk. These will be provided at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
Service to fraternities is available to the entire house only. Individual requests within a house cannot be honored. A list of monthly charges for these houses is available from the Cable TV Office.
Connecting Apple TV to OWU residential network
Just plug the power cord into the wall and connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV using an HDMI cable. Apple TV can be registered on the OWU residential (wired) network by providing the MAC/Ethernet address, along with the student’s name and ID number to the Faculty/Staff Help Desk. Turn around time can be as little as 10-15 minutes, but may be more depending on workload. Plug in an Ethernet cable and you’ll be good to go.
To find the Ethernet address on Apple TV:
- Go to the main menu on your Apple TV, and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings Menu, select “About.”
- Here you can find your MAC Address, listed as either the “Wireless ID” or “Ethernet ID” (depending on the connection you are using).
Alternatively, the Apple TV Ethernet (wired) and Wireless network MAC addresses can be found on the UPC label on the Apple TV box as “Ethernet ID” and “Wireless ID.” (This is also the same label that contains the serial number.)
Still need help?
- For assistance please contact the help desk.
- Questions or comments? See the discussion button at top right? It’s the one with two dialogue balloons with a number beside them. You may add comments and questions there. (You will need to be signed in to OWU Wikis to do so.)
- Would you like to be notified of changes to this page or subscribe to discussions about it? See the ellipsis on the bar at top right? Click that and select the “Notify” link on the menu that appears. (You need not sign in for all options.)