Two nice features of our upgraded voicemail system are access on the web and the ability to have your voicemail messages delivered to your email inbox. Here is more information on these options.
- Using the web browser of your choice, go to: voicemail.owu.edu. If you are on a mobile device, click the link on the right hand side of the site, or browse to voicemail.owu.edu/m.
- Enter your User ID: 9(extension) – for example, 93120.
- Enter your Security Code, which is your voice mail password.
Contact the Help Desk with your request. Include your phone extension and whether you would like to continue using the red indicator light on your phone (see below.)
Check your spam/junk folder and, if you find your voice mail messages there, mark them as “Not Spam” or add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted contacts.
Yes. Android and iPhone Gmail apps support playing .WAV file attachments.
QuickTime player will play .WAV files on either Mac or Windows. Windows media player will also be sufficient.
For Chrome users, there is an extension that will allow you to play the .WAV file right in your browser without the need to download the file and open another program. Without this extension the attachment will download and open in iTunes.
For Firefox users, the .WAV file will always download first before it plays.
For Internet Explorer users, a popup box will appear when you click the attachment. Choose Open if you just want to listen or Download if you want to save it.
For Safari users, the attachment will download and open in iTunes.
The message will be in your email trash as well as on the voice mail server. Deleting the email does not delete the message from the server. Regular inbox cleanup will be necessary to prevent you voice-mail box from getting too big.
The light notification can be set up by the voice mail administrator to do the following:
- Stay on until the message is listened to/deleted from the voice mail server via your phone or through the web portal, or
- The light will turn off as soon as the email is delivered to your email Inbox although the message will be marked as old in you voice mail Inbox.
You can choose how you want your light to function when signing up.