Setting Up a Vacation Responder (Out of Office Reply)
Here are the steps you need to take to set your (out of office) vacation responder in BishopMail.
- Log into BishopMail online (http://mail.owu.edu).
- Click on the Settings link at top right. The contents of the General tab will be displayed.
- Scroll down to the Vacation responder section. (The vacation responder sends an automated reply to incoming messages. If a contact sends you several messages, this automated reply will be sent at most once every 4 days.)
- Turn the vacation responder on by clicking the circle in front of that setting.
- In the Subject and Message fields enter appropriate text for your automated vacation responder. The message should indicate when you will be returning to the office and how requests are to be handled in the meanwhile. Your BishopMail signature (that appears three sections above the vacation responder in General Settings) will automatically be included in the message.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. You’ll notice that BishopMail adds a yellow bar at the top of the Inbox to let you know that your vacation responder is on.
To stop the vacation responder you may click the End Now link in the yellow bar at the top of the Inbox or set the vacation responder to off in Settings (step 2.)
For more information go to: