Information Services does not offer label printing services. Individual departments and employees may print their own labels using data obtained from the appropriate resource, Microsoft Word & Excel, mail merge, and standard printer label templates. Below is information about where and how to obtain the data and how to do a mail merge. Links at the bottom connect to other related resources. The Information Services Help Desk can assist with the process and provide training on mail merge.
Where to get the data
- For student and academic information use SQL Reporting Services.
- For employee information request a spreadsheet from Human Resources. They will need at least a week lead time.
- Set up your main document
- Open your data source
- Organize your data
- Insert merge fields
- Finish your merge and either print or edit
For detailed instructions, see this quick reference guide.
- For full address use Avery #5160
- For brief address (i.e. name and department or name and box number) use Avery #5267
Still need help?
- For assistance please contact the help desk.
- Questions or comments? See the discussion button at top right? It’s the one with two dialogue balloons with a number beside them. You may add comments and questions there. (You will need to be signed in to OWU Wikis to do so.)
- Would you like to be notified of changes to this page or subscribe to discussions about it? See the ellipsis on the bar at top right? Click that and select the “Notify” link on the menu that appears. (You need not sign in for all options.)