Note: To use Outlook with OWU BishopMail, you must must first get an application password for it. See here for more information.
Setting up BishopMail in Outlook
For information on setting Outlook as a mail client for BishopMail, see these recommended IMAP client settings from Google.
Adding the OWU Directory to Outlook 2010
- For Outlook 2010, click on the File tab. It should show you Account Information.
- Click on the ‘Account Settings’ button, then select ‘Account Settings…’ from the pop-up menu.
- On the Address Books tab click the New… button (it doesn’t look like a button until you hover over it.)
- Make sure the dot is in front of Internet Directory Service (LDAP) and click the Next > button.
- Type ldap.owu.edu into the Server Name field and click the More Settings… button:
- Type OWU Directory into the Display Name field and make sure the port number is 389:
- On the Search tab type ou=Accounts,dc=owu,dc=edu into the Custom Search Base field. Click the OK button:
- Click the Next > button, then the Finish button.
- Close and restart Outlook for this new directory to be available. This will allow you to use the Check Names feature when composing a message.