365 (formerly Office) is Microsoft’s productivity suite of applications, and includes (depending on the version)
- Word for word processing
- Excel for spreadsheets, tables, calculations & graphs
- PowerPoint for presentations
- Outlook for contacts & calendar
- OneNote for note taking & sharing, and
- Publisher for desktop publishing
- Teams for online meetings and collaboration
All current students, faculty, and staff employees have an Office 365 license. With this resource students, faculty, and staff can access Office web applications from anywhere or download the programs on their own devices–PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android devices.
To get Microsoft 365 for your computer:
- Uninstall any existing versions beforehand.
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and log in with your OWU BishopMail address and password, selecting “Login with Work or School account” when prompted.
- Press the “Install apps” button at the upper right, and make your selection.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
- Once it’s installed, you can sign into the suite on your computer using your OWU email address and password.
To get Microsoft 365 for your mobile device:
Search for the individual apps in your device’s app store. Sign into them with your OWU email address and password.
- The Office applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means that you can view documents, but you cannot edit or create new documents.
- Online services associated with the school email address—-for example, Office Online and OneDrive—-will no longer work.
Microsoft provides a range of Office options for individuals, including free online applications, so it’s easy to find one to fit your budget. However, you will have to sign up for a new (free) Microsoft account with an email address other than your OWU alumni email-for-life address.