BishopMail is Ohio Wesleyan University’s email service powered by Google. To log onto BishopMail you may just go to mail.owu.edu.
For information on these topics, please see these pages:
- 2-Step Verification
- Alumni Email for Life
- Campus Wide E-mail
- Connect2 OWU
- Data Access By Your Administrator or Service Provider
- Gmail Help
- Gmail Tips: Become a Gmail Ninja
- Gmail Slowness Troubleshooting
- Gmail won’t load, or troubleshooting sluggishness
- Google Apps – Services Summary
- Google Apps Status Dashboard
- Google Terms of Service
- Managing Multiple Accounts
- OWU News & Media
- Setting up a mail client (like Outlook)
If you see a “Password incorrect” error when trying to sign in using any of these mail apps:
- The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
- The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
- Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird
You have two options:
- Upgrade to a more secure app that uses the most up to date security measures. (Note that you might actually see this error when attempting to migrate mail from your BishopMail account to a personal Gmail account–in that case, you must use the second option.)
- Sign into your BishopMail account and go to the “Less secure apps” section of MyAccount (by clicking the link here) and check the box next to Allow access for less secure apps.
- If it says the setting is not available for accounts with 2-Step Verification enabled, then you must first turn off 2-step verification
In a browser, you can easily have all of your OWU email forwarded to another email address that you own.
- When logged into BishopMail, click on the gear icon at top right and select Mail Settings.
- Click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add a forwarding address’ button in the Forwarding section.
- Enter the email address you would like your BishopMail forwarded to and click the Next button.
- Click OK when it says you have added that forwarding address. Note that you will have to confirm you have access to accounts outside of owu.edu by logging in to that account and retrieving a verification email.
- Click the circle in front of ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to’ and select what you’d like to do with the BishopMail copy.
- Click the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the screen.