BishopMail is Ohio Wesleyan University’s email service powered by Google. To log onto BishopMail you may just go to mail.owu.edu.
If you see a “Password incorrect” error when trying to sign in using any of these mail apps:
- The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
- The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
- Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird
You have two options:
- Upgrade to a more secure app that uses the most up to date security measures. (Note that you might actually see this error when attempting to migrate mail from your BishopMail account to a personal Gmail account–in that case, you must use the second option.)
- Sign into your BishopMail account and go to the “Less secure apps” section of MyAccount (by clicking the link here) and check the box next to Allow access for less secure apps.
- If it says the setting is not available for accounts with 2-Step Verification enabled, then you must first turn off 2-step verification
This extra security is recommended. See the 2-Step Verification page for more information.
Please see Google’s own Help pages for information on accessing your BishopMail. Using Google’s own Gmail app is recommended.
You can easily have all of your OWU email forwarded to another email address that you own.
- When logged into BishopMail, click on the gear icon at top right and select Mail Settings.
- Click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add a forwarding address’ button in the Forwarding section.
- Enter the email address you would like your BishopMail forwarded to and click the Next button.
- Click OK when it says you have added that forwarding address. Note that you will have to confirm you have access to accounts outside of owu.edu by logging in to that account and retrieving a verification email.
- Click the circle in front of ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to’ and select what you’d like to do with the BishopMail copy.
- Click the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Students, faculty, and staff have the ability to send email to the entire campus or select groups (like all students, all faculty, all seniors, etc.). To see how to send campus wide email and check the distribution policy, see the campus wide email page.
While using BishopMail, if the response time for opening messages, switching labels, or performing actions is slow, if no error appears, but it might say “Still working…” at the top of the screen for a long time, please follow the instructions here to troubleshoot the issue. Please also report the results to the Help Desk.
- Gmail Help
- Google Apps Status Dashboard
- Gmail Tips: Become a Gmail Ninja
- Google Terms of Service
- Gmail Slowness Troubleshooting
- Google Apps – Services Summary
- Data Access By Your Administrator or Service Provider
- Managing Multiple Accounts
- Connect2 OWU
- OWU News & Media