Blackboard is a powerful e-learning system, where instructors can bring their lessons to the web. You can upload your syllabus, lecture notes, presentations, or any other type of file including pictures, movies and sound clips. You can also create online exams and assignments that Blackboard will automatically grade. Instructors can even create discussion boards and hold virtual office hours through chat rooms. All courses taught at the university have a corresponding Blackboard course and all students and the instructor of record are automatically enrolled. Follow the steps below to get started with Blackboard.
- Access to the Blackboard system is available at bb.owu.edu. Two links will be displayed on the main page: one for “current students, faculty, or staff members,” and one for guests. Click on the first link. From there, enter your username and password.
- To access the OWU Blackboard from the OWU home page, click on either the Current Students tab or the Faculty/Staff tab. From there, scroll down to the resources list, click on the Blackboard link, and follow the steps listed above.
If access to Blackboard is required by other individuals please contact the Help Desk to request a Blackboard account.
- You can find more information about Blackboard on their website here: Blackboard Help
To learn how to create, navigate, and perfect your courses, see our Blackboard for Instructors page.
To learn how to set up different types of class discussions using Blackboard, see our Online Class Discussions page.
To learn how to view and interact with the courses you are enrolled in, see our Blackboard for Students page.
- “Training workshops on Blackboard are offered a few times each semester. Announcements about upcoming workshops are included in the OWU Daily.The current workshop schedule is posted on the Information Services Professional Development page. Individual instruction and specialized group sessions are available by request.”
- If you have additional questions contact the Help Desk
Contact the Help Desk for Blackboard requests and issues.