To install Google Chrome for your user account, follow these steps below:
- Visit www.google.com/chrome.
- Click Download Google Chrome. By downloading the installer file from this site, you can be sure that Google Chrome will be updated with the latest features and security fixes.
- Review the Terms of Service and click Accept and Install to continue. Before you continue, you can also set the following options.
- Send usage statistics and crash reports: Select the “Help make Google Chrome better…” checkbox at the bottom of the page if it’s okay for Google Chrome to send anonymous information to Google about how you use the browser.
- Set Google Chrome as your default browser (if available): Select this checkbox if you’d like to use Google Chrome to open any web links you click.
- Once the installer file has been downloaded, a “Welcome to Google Chrome” dialog appears and prompts you to choose the search engine you’d like to use for the address bar (also called the “omnibox”).
- Click the Choose button below the option you’d like to set as your default search engine.
The installer finishes by importing your home page and browser history from your default browser, if selected. A Google Chrome window automatically opens once everything is set up so that you can start using it right away.
Posted in: Chrome